Embracing your identity

Jeremy Lin
Press Conference @ 2012 NBA All-Star Weekend

Reporter:
...one of the coaches says that he thinks your ethnicity is one of the reasons maybe you were overlooked by college or recruiters in NBA because you don't "look like your normal NBA players." Do you believe that to be the case?

Jeremy Lin:
I think it has something to do with it, but I don't know how much. Just being Asian American...obviously when you look at me, I'm gonna have to prove myself more or so, again, again, and again. Some people might not believe it. I know a lot of people say I'm deceptively athletic, deceptively quick. I'm not sure what's deceptive. Maybe it could be the effect that I'm Asian American. But that's fine. It's something I embrace. It gives a chip on my shoulder, but I'm very proud being Asian American.

Reporter:
The [words] "Linsanity", "Linderella," have you come up with a LIN word of your own?

Jeremy Lin:
I haven't come up with one. I just like Jeremy. I wanna make sure I don't change as a person, and I don't let any of these gets me.

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

生活雜思

Let's Run!

最好的獎賞